What data we collect
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- your email address and job function / role when you sign up
- questions or feedback you submit
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site and courses, for example which types of pages you view and when you mark lessons complete or incomplete
Why we need your data
We collect information to see how you use the site and courses. We do this to help:
- make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users
- make improvements to our products and services, for example improving course content
We also collect data in order to:
- allow you to access and purchase courses and services
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example a survey asking about your experience on the site
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send email notifications, for example reminders to complete course content
- monitor use of the site to identify security threats
What we do with your data
The data we collect may be shared with our technology suppliers or service providers, for example our hosting provider.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law - for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime. In some circumstances a service provider may collect data directly from you and their privacy policies may also apply, for example if you join a Slack workspace.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
We will keep your email data until you unsubscribe. We will keep your feedback data for 2 years.
Children’s privacy protection
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
Where your data is processed and stored
All personal data is stored in the United States.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure of your data - for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
Links to other websites
AfR Academy contains links to other websites.
This privacy notice only applies to AfR Academy, and does not cover other Action for Results, Inc. services and transactions which have their own terms and conditions and privacy policies.
Following a link to another website
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact the Privacy Team if you:
- have a question about anything in this privacy notice
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
Changes to this policy
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, we will take reasonable steps to let you know.
Last updated 13 April 2020